Free Blog Calendar

Kamis, 17 Desember 2009

Schalke 04 goalkeeper Manuel Neuer flattered by Manchester United interest

The interest of the Red Devils flatters shot stopper Neuer...

Schalke 04 goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is one of the most sought after young stoppers in Europe, with teams such as Bayern Munich and Manchester United keeping tabs on him.

The 23-year-old has been mooted as a potential replacement for Edwin van der Sar when he finally hangs up his gloves and Neuer himself is absolutely delighted that the English champions are monitoring him.

"I really want to play Champions League football next season. We're all thinking about our careers and so am I. Hopefully Schalke manages to qualify for the Champions League," said Neuer to Sport Bild.

"I know that Manchester United are keeping tabs on me. They've sent scouts to several Schalke games and they watched me in action with Germany Under-21s against England last summer.


"I am absolutely flattered that a big team such as Manchester are interested in me. That shows that I'm on the right track and that I haven't made too many mistakes.

"Bayern are also believed to be interested in signing me, but I have never spoken with anyone about a possible move."


0 komentar:


 
Nemanja 5diary blogs - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você