Free Blog Calendar

Sabtu, 14 November 2009

Wayne Rooney Pledges Future To Manchester United

New deal on the horizon, reveals Roo...

Wayne Rooney has reiterated his allegiance to Manchester United, explaining that he does not intend to leave unless he is asked to do so by the club.

Spanish giants Barcelona are believed to be interested in adding the Red Devil into their armoury, but the striker insists his future lies at Old Trafford.



"It is nice to be noticed but I have said before, I am really happy at United," Rooney is quoted in the Press Association as saying.

"Unless they tell me otherwise, I can't see myself leaving."

The Old Trafford favourite revealed that he and the club were set to negotiate a new contract in due course.

"I have got two years left on my contract after this year and I am sure we will be negotiating a new deal in the next few months," he said.



"I love the place. It is 30 minutes from home and all my family, and I have got a great chance of winning trophies."

'Roo' went on to talk about his ambitions at United, explaining that he would like to be spoken of in the same breath as the legendary Eric Cantona.

"Although I was an Everton fan, I loved watching United play," he confessed.

"I probably started watching them from about 1994. Cantona was brilliant in that team.

"He had something about him. You looked at him and he was so fearsome. And that was just on the television.

"Imagine playing up against him?

"They won a lot of trophies too. But it was more than just that.

"It was the way they played and attacked. The way they played right to the end. They scored all those last-minute goals, which showed their desire to want to keep going.

"Now, I am there and I have won trophies there myself. I just want to win more."

0 komentar:


 
Nemanja 5diary blogs - © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você